Ok so i know i said last time was the final gui, but right as i was starting to create patches i had a massive brainstorm. So in short everything has changed with drum weapons 3. Although we still plan on releasing early jan ’14 there are alot of new features we want to implement to help give you the the best product possible. First off you can see by the new gui below the whole layout is different. We have added real functional faders, an extras channel and most of all added responsive “maschine like” pads. The pads change color based on what type of sound you are triggering. Also this gui opens us up to alot of future proofing when it comes to the rising popularity and low cost of touchscreen interfaces and tablet/pc hybrids. Our plan is to at launch or at worst with an early update have the pads actually transmit midi into your daw or software you host dw3 in. This means you will truly be able to use dw3 as a pad controller and require no additional midi hardware. And depending on the demand we have also discussed making a tablet/touchscreen optimized version and partnering with a company that offers low cost high quality 23″ HD LED touchscreens in bulk so we can offer essentially a “controller” bundled with dw3 and have the tablet/touchscreen interface be the exact size and optimized size and functionally for that usage.
Gui and functionality improvements aside here is a list of some of the new features in dw3:
- “Maschine Like” pads that light up different colors according to drum sound type
- DW3 gui interface pads will transmit midi so your can use it like hardware
- 23″ Touchscreen/DW3 Bundles will be available
- DW3 Maschine Expansion will be available and included also with the dw3 vsti/au
- WAV Collection and Reason Refill Included in install as well
- Over 6000 Sounds Now in DW3, 12-16 different sounds per kit
- Real MP60 and SP1200 Variations within each kit, as well as transition snare
- New “TRUE ANALOG TECHNOLOGY” classic console and reel to reel utilized
- DW3 will be backwards compatible with all dw2 patches and expansions
- Same mapping as dw2, insert dw3 where dw2 like nothing changed
- 32 and 64 bit versions, pc and mac compatible
- Upgraded Crystal Clear 64-Bit Audio Engine, it sounds crazy
We still are debating if we are going to offer dw3 preorder, if we do it will be limited edition versions of the product with free extras. But yeah be excited about dw3 WE ARE!
AND DONT FORGET YOU CAN GET DRUM WEAPONS 2 FOR LIMITED TIME 50% OFF WITH THE COUPON CODE “DRUMLEGEND”
HERE IS THE AWESOME NEW GUI FOR DW3!